X

Do not neglect your chain! Seriously!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not neglect your chain! Seriously!

as the title implies, Ive been neglecting my chain! As a F!@# you, my chain decide to come off WHILE DRIVING !!! I didnt crash or anything but loss clutch resistance. After getting home, I pulled the clutch cover and saw the clutch pushrod was cut clean through.

The problem is that I cant pull out the pushrod that remains in the clutch. It sits to far into that seal for me to get any pliers or anything in there. Is there an easy way to pull it out without having to pull the clutch? I have a haynes manual so Im sure I can do it if I have to pull the clutch but wanted to see if there is another way!

Thanks

PS DONT NEGLECT YOUR CHAIN!

I think you can use a small screwdriver to pull the seal off, then use a magnet to pull the pushrod out.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Originally posted by mega_man_01103 View Post
      PS DONT NEGLECT YOUR CHAIN!
      Thank you captain obvious.

Comment

Pull the clutch cover and pressure plate, it doesn't take long at all. Then stick something down the center and smack the rest of that pushrod out.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Magnet . Patience . JUST the right size pliers or other improvised tools to get in there . Mess with it enough and you might be able to get in there ....
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X