X

need to test a transmission

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to test a transmission

Found a parts bike that runs but not able to be ridden. Is there any way to check the transmission or is it a simple matter of raise the back wheel and see if it turns.
    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

You just want to make sure it isn't locked up, or do you really want to make sure the trans is healthy? As far as I know, there is no way for you to determine whether or not it has a chewed up 2nd gear without either riding it or disassembling and inspecting it.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Motor runs just no front end to it. Figured i'll lift the rear and see if it turns while shifting through the gears

Comment

Take your front end over and put it on...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The pre600 front a straight swap for early 90's gsxr1100? Hate to pull apart my kat but for a $250 1127 I just may.

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm View Post
            The pre600 front a straight swap for early 90's gsxr1100? Hate to pull apart my kat but for a $250 1127 I just may.
            For $250, just buy it anyway. If you broke it down and sold the engine pieces separately, it would still be worth a bunch more than that.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm View Post

Actually I believe those Kat triples will bolt right on (bearing and stem length the same). For a temp fix to test it.

But then honestly... for that price it's worth it even if you did need to fix the trans.

Jus sayn.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'll check it out after work today. Jask the back up just for the he'll of it but i'll let you know how it turns out.

Comment

Well drove 45minutesto check out the bike. As soon as I got there I knew it was going to suck. Not only was the bike only a 600, it wasn't even a suzuki. It was a cbr but I figured hay for the price i'm still interested. Then I started it. I think it was running on 1 cylinder cause it sounded like my lawn mower. Needless to say I still only have my kat.

Comment

He confused a CBR600 with a GSXR1100? You should have shot him immediately.

Comment

This is a good example of why personally I need to see some pics prior to going to check it out.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Comment

Why I should never trust family to tell me what their friends have. Luckily it wasn't my gas, I rode with my cousin(hs friend). Just glad I didn't pull the front of my bike and take it with me.

Comment

Working...
                        X