X

no start sometimes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no start sometimes

I did three seprate post becouse I didnt want to make any to long..Every once in awhile my bie wont start. I thought maybe run/stop botton So i left it on and just use key to shut it off now. Now it happen again and run switch still on run. I have key on...run swit to run position clutch pulled in and when I hit start I can see Nuetral/oil light dim when I the start button but bike dosnt crank at all? What could that be?

Originally posted by mikey View Post
    I did three seprate post becouse I didnt want to make any to long..Every once in awhile my bie wont start. I thought maybe run/stop botton So i left it on and just use key to shut it off now. Now it happen again and run switch still on run. I have key on...run swit to run position clutch pulled in and when I hit start I can see Nuetral/oil light dim when I the start button but bike dosnt crank at all? What could that be?

Couple of options...

Nothing at all, no clicks, no sounds, no anything is probably a safty switch. One on the cluch perch, one on the kickstand. If they are malfunctioning, it can cause issues. The neutral switch is tied in with these somewhat as well, so it's important that it's checked as well if the other 2 seem fine.

It could also be some oxidization on the starter button. Pull the pod off the bar, and clean the connections on the button.

If you hear a click but no starter turning... it's probably a low battery or bad connection issue. Might also be the starter relay, but that's pretty rare.

If you dont' have a volt meter, I highly suggest you pick one up. Even walmart carries them for like $10 or so.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X