X

I need info on 86-88 gsxr motors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need info on 86-88 gsxr motors

I have a 1052 that needs a new crankcase.

1052 blocks fit on 750 cases. 1100 cranks fit in 750 cases.

I would like to get a 750 motor to see if i can get the 6 speed to swap as well.

I cannot find any part number on ron ayers as the gsxr1100 is not listed.

also if i am thinking correctly all I need to to make this work is to find what parts let the 750/1052 clutch interchange between the 1052 and 750.
    katana 750(K) cases are the same as the gsxr 750(R)
    what I am sure about. (all pertaining to 1052 -750R/750katana swap)
    cranks swap
    blocks swap
    cases swap

so there are plenty of people with 5speed 1052 in 750 cases and a handful of 1052s with 6 speeds. if any info can be had about this please send it here.

** also wondering if the kat 750 could use the same parts I need then score one of those super cheap.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

how can i go about geting this info.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

ask on OSS??
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
        ask on OSS??
        Log onto:
        Genetic engineering of an extinct species

Click on the 7/11 link then:

On the lower left part of the link look for Frankenstein's guide to oil skooled monsters.

This should answer what you want to know.

Comment

I've read every word a hundred times and either it's ambiguous enough to confuse me.
          or it's unclear about the information I need.

I think this might be a little clearer information.

now i just need to find out if the katana uses the same parts as the 750 from the clutch basket back.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

Another idea for you on that regard...go to a place like Bikebandit.com, check the fiches. Pick a couple of tranny parts, and see if they have the same part numbers......

Comment

Crossing over parts, a how to

Comment

Thanks Chris once again you are the man!
                Tony
                94 Katana 600

Comment

No, in that case, BP is the man. I just posted a link to a write up he did.

Comment

ok so i have figured out that i need an 88+ 750r case for sure because the crank bearings are bigger.

as for wondering if a 750kat case will work idk how to find out.

The 750 katana case are supposedly the "same" as the slingshot motors, but i dont know how to verify if the crank bearings are the same size. The crank bearings are in the crank case so i speculate that they are the same.

Idk if i am doing this right but i tried to verify it by using part 7 or 6 as they should be using the same part number if the crank bearings are the same size. ( I think)

what i found was that it must be the wrong part as according to this it shares this part number with all of the 750 oil cooled gsxrs including the gsxrs that are to have a smaller crank and 750 and 600 kats.

I tried a few other crank bearings and got similar results. I have more information to prove me wrong if ya need it.
                    what am i doing wrong here?
                    Tony
                    94 Katana 600

Comment

You're looking at the wrong crank

The diagram you posted is for the L model...... 88-89 are the j and k model. The L model went back to long stroke and the smaller crank bearings.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Good catch! how did you know that discrepancy!?
                        so they made the J and K then went back to the smaller one for the L? why? and what year was that?
                        Tony
                        94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                          Good catch! how did you know that discrepancy!?
                          so they made the J and K then went back to the smaller one for the L? why? and what year was that?
                          L is 1990. I don't know why they went back to the smaller bearings. I think it's probably wiser to question why they went to the bigger ones for 88 and 89..... and I believe the answer is that they didn't want to make a new case, so they just used the 1100 setup that they already had. Just my best guess.

Comment

drrr

Comment

Working...
                            X