X

Changed engine from pre kat to post kat and have a problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed engine from pre kat to post kat and have a problem

I have a 1991 suzuki katana 600. I recently swapped its engine with a 2000 katana engine.

One of the problems is this:

How do I attach these hoses to the new engine? There are no holes to screw them in like the old engine.

They go on the other side.

Comment

I think those are for a california emission bike, the new engine isn't a cali engine, you should be able to do away with all that.
      Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Looks like cali-forny ****...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

No they are not. Those are the oil hoses, they are on EVERY oil cooled engine. The run from the crankcase to the cylinder head cover on the back side of the engine.
          2004 Suzuki GSX600 GSX 600 Katana oil cooler lines hose
          that's them.
          Actually, now that you mention it, it's very possible that is CA emissions ****
          Last edited by arsenic; 07-18-2011, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            Actually, now that you mention it, it's very possible that is CA emissions ****
            Wait...you're not admitting that you might be mistaken...are you?

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Those are definately the exhaust port connectors for the cali PAIR emissions system.

They are not nessasary, nor will have any effect on the bike in how it runs. The hoses connect to a couple of cannisters directly under the gas tank. The pair is connected by one bracket, 2 bolts to the frame. Remove those 2 bolts, pull all the hoses and the cannisters out.

Plug the ports coming out the bottom of the carbs, and remove those hoses.

Remove the large black cannister on the left side of the bike, under the tail fairing and attatched hoses.

Change out the vacuum to petcock line to be a single line from the carbs to the petcock.

Disconnect and or remove entirely the fan on the right side under the main fairing, directly under the carbs.

You have successfully remove a bunch of not needed crap and can go forward with riding your bike with no worries.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                Wait...you're not admitting that you might be mistaken...are you?
                In fact, I am.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  In fact, I am.
                  I should go buy a lottery ticket

I thought thats what they were, stupid cali bs.

Comment

Working...
                  X