X

Cclutch in sprocket cover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cclutch in sprocket cover

My clutch is alot easier to pull in then before I took the sprocket cover off and there is a long cylinder shape piece tht is broken tht goes into the block and I believe it was broken off the clutch perch thts connected to the sprocket cover anyone know what tht piece is called or were I can get one
    Lots of 93 katana parts for sale
    Headlight,brake light gauge cluster wheels/rims, coil packs carbs pegs and maybe some more pm for info

CLUTCH MODEL N P R S T

Comment

Yeh man but what is tht little cylinder thing goes it goes into the block and has a rubber oil seal wats it called

And how does it work I never seen a Cluthch work that way
      Last edited by Suzuki123; 07-17-2011, 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Headlight,brake light gauge cluster wheels/rims, coil packs carbs pegs and maybe some more pm for info

Comment

That's the oil seal. It keeps oil from the clutch from getting thrown out into the sprocket cover area past the clutch push rod.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

That's kinda funny. Cause every push rod clutch works that way. The whole deal is called the clutch worm gear, see if you can track it down on eBay.
          93 Suzuki GSXF Katana 750 Sprocket Cover PE
          Here's the sprocket cover with the worm gear included.
          Last edited by arsenic; 07-17-2011, 07:03 PM.

Comment

So all I need is tht rod replaced on the swivel mechanism? It looks like it maybe screws in to the swivel

Comment

If you're talking about the rod that goes into the engine case then no, it doesn't screw into anything. It's just a push rod.

I don't recall seeing anything saying what makes you think it's broken. Is it just that it pulls right out? It's supposed to. Unless it's noticeably snapped in half or bent there's not much that can go wrong with it. If this is all about the clutch not disengaging properly then you may need to adjust the worm gear. (The part that the cable turns inside the sprocket cover.)
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

no the rod broke into 3 pieces lol i went to a shop today and ordered the rod and a oil seal they said tht the pushrod is 2 diffrent pieces is tht right?

Comment

Yeah that's right. There is a short push rod that sticks in the engine through that oil seal. And a longer push rod in the input shaft on the trans.

Comment

O ok the one in the block is probably still good no? I ordered both of em. Thanks for the help guys really appreciate it

Comment

yeah, I've never seen the big one fail.

Comment

Working...
                      X