• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with bike

check out the video if it works

thanks for all the help

Comment

Hahahahahahahahaha, please make another pointless/awkward video just to say "my bike wont start help."
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

First off, do not give it gas when trying to start it. If you have been giving it gas every time you tried starting it, its probably flooded.
        Let it sit for awhile, apply full choke, do not touch the throttle and hit the start button (make sure its on neutral).
        Also, check the obvious, you do have gas in the tank right?
        You might have to get your carbs cleaned.
        http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

thanks no one told me about the throttle thing

yea there gas in the tank ,no one told me about the throttle

theres definitely gonna be more pointless vids
          Last edited by johnnyflat; 07-12-2011, 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyflat View Post

Make sure you apply the choke by pulling on the lever. I cant really tell in the video but it looks like you do not have the choke on.
            How long did it sit from the time it was last running?

^^^^^^

Comment

well i bought it from some one that had it in a pawn shop for a year there lost there job and could get it out , then he got its running took it back to my house ran it aroud for a little while then about 3 days to a weeks it acted like in the video

Comment

Originally posted by wickeded View Post
                First off, do not give it gas when trying to start it. If you have been giving it gas every time you tried starting it, its probably flooded.
                Let it sit for awhile, apply full choke, do not touch the throttle and hit the start button (make sure its on neutral).
                Also, check the obvious, you do have gas in the tank right?
                You might have to get your carbs cleaned.
                Originally posted by johnnyflat View Post

Common misunderstanding...

You can't "flood" the carbs by turning the throttle on the Katana. It has CV carbs (constant velocity). To get fuel to flow, you have to have some pressure pulling the fuel out of the jets.

More throttle = more air.

If the engine is running to pull more air through, you get more fuel and higher rpms.

If the engine is not running, you just lost all pressure that was pulling fuel out of the carbs and you have mostly only air.

A cold engine needs more fuel than normal to start (thus the fuel enrichment or "starter" cable called "choke").

To start the bike make sure the battery if fully charged. Pull the choke lever back, pull the clutch lever in, push the starter button. No throttle because that will lean out the mix. It IS possible that is all you need.

Krey
                Last edited by Kreylyn; 07-12-2011, 09:29 PM.
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

You can't "flood" the carbs by turning the throttle on the Katana. It has CV carbs (constant velocity). To get fuel to flow, you have to have some pressure pulling the fuel out of the jets.

If the engine is running to pull more air through, you get more fuel and higher rpms.

If the engine is not running, you just lost all pressure that was pulling fuel out of the carbs and you have mostly only air.

A cold engine needs more fuel than normal to start (thus the fuel enrichment or "starter" cable called "choke").

To start the bike make sure the battery if fully charged. Pull the choke lever back, pull the clutch lever in, push the starter button. No throttle because that will lean out the mix. It IS possible that is all you need.

Krey

What he said... Its not really a Choke, its a Fuel Enrichment Circuit. When you open the throttle it shuts off the enrichment ports.
                  Originally posted by arsenic
                  93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

Krey
                    Thanks for the clarification Krey.

^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                    X