No announcement yet.
X

jerking while maintaining speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea i was considering that as well but i still dont think that would cause the egine to rev while siitting idle like i said before it almost sounds like its cammed with the way its running when it warms up itll idle normal at round 1200 then drop to bout 800 and almost die out then back up to twelve with the same consistancy as a long duration cam with my experience in cars thats usually the idle air control or a vacuum leak. since these bikes dont have an idle air control im guessing its a vaccuum leak. i tore apart one of the carbs just to take a look and its as clean as a whistle so my best guess would be that the rest would not be much worse if any. ive run seafoam through the tank and it help a little but then went right back to running the way it was

Comment

4th or 5 th gear cruising 25?
      Tejasandre

Comment

Originally posted by tejasandre View Post
        4th or 5 th gear cruising 25?
        Yeah, I know. But honestly, even when I burble through town at 1:00am, doing 35mph in 6th gear (keeping the noise down), the bike doesn't surge or jerk. If I try to really give it the business from those low revs it will shudder a little bit, but at cruise it is fine. If it is surging or shuddering at cruise, even at very low revs, then you are probably having either a pilot circuit problem or you've got a vacuum leak.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Vacumn leak would be either the air box drain hose, or the boots the carbs slip into having cracks or tears. That or try to find a carb rebuild kit for all the o-rings and gaskets. I'm not certified but I don't see it being a vacumn leak.
          R.I.P. Adam Horak. Loved and never forgotten.

Comment

when i was adjsuting my chain i noticed that it appears to be binding up at points. ie itll be properly adjusted but if you rotate wheel 180 its either really loose or really tight which means my chain is wasted i know but could this constant slack tight slack tight cause my bucking problemand if so that still explain the rough idle while cold

Comment

Once again. Not certified. Buy I'm pretty sure chains have a tight and loose side. Is it really binding like you can't turn it or us it getting tight on the bottom then loose on the bottom? You might just have your chain to tight.
              R.I.P. Adam Horak. Loved and never forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by sedevlin View Post
                when i was adjsuting my chain i noticed that it appears to be binding up at points. ie itll be properly adjusted but if you rotate wheel 180 its either really loose or really tight which means my chain is wasted i know but could this constant slack tight slack tight cause my bucking problemand if so that still explain the rough idle while cold
                Chained is stretched in one spot.
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Sedevlin...I must apologize for my response...I just couldn't help it. I hope you find the answer to your problem.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

its all good i realized the error of my ways after you pointed them out and had a good chuckle to myself about lol. and yes the chain would be loose then tight all while checking tesion on the bottom side and it was the chain repalced it and the binding problem whent away and alot of the jerking as well still has somme jerking which i think is due to the fact that i need to get my carbs syncrnized.

although apperently the chain i ordered was the wrong size the link sizse is right but the sidewalls of the links are apperently thibnner than what were on it the guy at the shop i took it yes i broke down and took my bike to a shop to have the chain installed only cause i dont have a break tool or the crimper and they did the job for 50 bucksw which cheaper than what the tools would have cost but newho the guy said that the chain is meant for a much smaller cc bike and that i would be lucky to get 3000 to 6000 miles out of that chain bummer lol. damn ebay
                    Last edited by sedevlin; 08-02-2011, 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Its starving for fuel...

surging or hesitation is lean

fuel filter
                      petcock/petcock vacuum line
                      float level
                      K&N air filter (replace with oem)

if its rich it will run without surging but will sputter constantly at speeds and have a soggy feeling while accelerating.
                      98 GSX750F
                      95 Honda VT600 vlx
                      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

so the issue was carbs all along!!!!! two winters ago I developed a stuck float and flooded my crankcase with gas!!!!! so when I went to start the bike for its weekly running the oil was thinned out from gas and blew past the rings and out the tail pipe completely covering my car in oil gas mixture "face palm" doooohhhh!!! well right after I moved out of town for a year and a half. upon returning I began tearing down and cleaning the carbs and found two clogged mains 4 clogged pilots and one stuck float!!!!!! needless to say the bike runs great now minus a little smoke from exhaust caused by residual oil in the heads, the minor oil leak from the cooler line crush washer and the fact that the carbs are in a dire need of a good tuning!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X