X

Mixing carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing carbs?

I need a new set of carbs because I broke a piece off one of the carbs. However, I found a guy who is selling just one carb as opposed to a full set. My bike is a 91 and his is a 92. Would it be okay to puchase just this one? Or will I have to get a full set?

should be fine.
    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Yeah, they are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by tomallama View Post
        I need a new set of carbs because I broke a piece off one of the carbs. However, I found a guy who is selling just one carb as opposed to a full set. My bike is a 91 and his is a 92. Would it be okay to puchase just this one? Or will I have to get a full set?
        What everyone else said, except it wouldn't hurt to pull the float bowl off and be sure that the new carb has the same jets as the one you are replacing. Previous owner may have a jet kit in it, and all your carbs need the same jets.

Comment

I doubt the "one carb" he's going to buy has any jets, or a float bowl. I know what he's talking about. The single carbs on eBay, are just that, a carb.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            I doubt the "one carb" he's going to buy has any jets, or a float bowl. I know what he's talking about. The single carbs on eBay, are just that, a carb.
            Oh, so it's a nekkid body, with no jets or anything. Got it.

Comment

I'm not sure if it has the parts with it or not. But I'll probably switch them from the old part anyway since they are new. It's just a pixe on the carb that's broken and can't really be replaced. Thanks guys, I think I'll give it a shot.

Comment

You know, I've rebuild at least one hundred sets of carbs, maybe two hundred. I have no idea WTF a "pixe" is.

Comment

Pretty sure he meant piece, a lot of us browse this site on our phones and it auto corrects some words.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Not sure I don't want Pixie's in my carbs... unless they are good pixies who like to fix things for me. Then that's okay.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'll take a pixie over a gremlin any day. And yes I HATE phone auto correct.
                      When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        Pretty sure he meant piece, a lot of us browse this site on our phones and it auto corrects some words.

Haha, totally did mean piece. My phone decides to make up some awesome words sometimes...

Comment

Working...
                        X