X

Carb help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb help?

So swapped my running engine to a bike that actually has a title. Been trying to get it started. Cleaned the carbs 3 times in 24 hours. Last time i cleaned them there didnt seem to be any clogs or build up or anything. The farthest iv gotten is the bike will start for a few seconds then shut off. This still the carbs or am i missing something else? Also wondering if anyone has had experience with a screw stripped inside the carbs? the one that has the rubber stopper on top. How do i get it out now? (for a different set of carbs)
    Any help would be appreciated

That's not a screw, it's the pilot jet. A 7/64" bit and a number 1 screw extractor works. If you cleaned them 3 times in 24 hours, you didn't clean jack. The jets need to soak for 24 hours.

Comment

Alright. I think ill try one more extremely good cleaning and see what happens. Then i might have to splurge on a set of ur carbs. if i can get the funds lol

Comment

If you dont have that pilot jet out you can't get it cleaned. BTW, after you drill and use the extractor its shot so order a new one. Still needs to come out to clean the pilot circut though
        When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

He said that's in a different set of carbs.

Comment

See it now. must have missed it. sorry,
            When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Working...
            X