X

no clutch...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no clutch...

while holding the clutch in when i put it in gear or changed gears it would make a slight knock like the clutch wasn't all of the way. so i decided to take out the little slack in the cable by tithing up the adjuster on the handlebar, now it seems like i have no clutch at all, when i hold the clutch in and put it in gear it kills. so i loosened the adjustment back and it still does it... did i do something wrong? or .....

Put the adjuster back where it was...I wouldnt worry too much about it clunking into first ,a lot of bikes do that especially when they are cold..
    Sounds to me like you have slackened off the cable rather than tightened it causing the clutch to not disengage properly,thats why was it is stalling when you put into gear now.Put it back to where it was set at least you know it still worked then.If you tighten the cable too much the opposite is true,the clutch will slip as it will not be fully engaged.
    If it aint broke dont mess with it..
    Last edited by gwigs; 07-01-2011, 02:30 PM. Reason: cause I can
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Comment

Ok I put the adjuster back where it was at and I'm still hitting the same thing. It jumps and kills. Like no clutch. I still got a tight feeling clutch like always just feels like its not working

Comment

Is your sidestand down? You may have a faulty sidestand switch that kills your motor when you put it in gear. Either that or you need to DL the manual and do a full clutch adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
          Is your sidestand down? You may have a faulty sidestand switch that kills your motor when you put it in gear. Either that or you need to DL the manual and do a full clutch adjustment.
          +1 and +2
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

as for the knock when putting it in gear. as the oil gets more dirty the knock will get more noticable. try an oil change. 6000km is recomended by the manual I do it every 5000 ive read people do it every 3000 here. the more the merrier
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Ok I got her back to normal. I put her in first held the clutch and started her. It jumped a little bit the stated right up. As for the oil it was changed less than 200 miles ago.

Comment

Your clutch plates were stuck....you may still need to adjust your clutch. What kind and weight of oil are you using?

Comment

I'm having similar issues. 92 kat 600. There is quite a bit of drag on my wheel when I have the clutch handle pulled in, engine off and I try to turn the wheel by hand and when the engine runs the wheel does turn with the engine in gear and clutch pulled it. I have tried all three adjustments(both coarse adjustments - center of clutch cover screw, top of clutch cover and fine adjustment at handle) properly and still doing the same thing. I just changed my oil (10w40). Every indication is leading me to believe the clutch plates are warped. Is this a common issue?
                  sigpic
                  1992 Kat 600

Comment

With the bike on the centerstand, engine running, tranny in first and the clutch lever pulled all the way back step on the rear brake to stop the rear wheel from turning. Does the engine stall? If so then you've got a problem. If not then don't worry about it.
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                      With the bike on the centerstand, engine running, tranny in first and the clutch lever pulled all the way back step on the rear brake to stop the rear wheel from turning. Does the engine stall? If so then you've got a problem. If not then don't worry about it.
                      This.

Comment

Working...
                      X