Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got this Kat and it rides fine at low rpms like up to 5K in any gear then it will not rev any higher. While in neutral it will rev well past. What can cause this problem any help would be great!

Sounds like I am having the same issue, mine won't go past 7000. To date I have checked and cleaned the carbs and put a new coil on one side and still having issues. I'll let you know if I find the issue, let me know where you get with it.

Mat

Comment

I can tell you right now, it's not the carbs. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

I know with older bikes with points ignition etc when an engine wont rev past a certain point its usually ignition realated. Most comon is the timing advance mech. messed up or seized.
        I would be trying a new ignition box/cdi
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

will give it a shot thanx
          Hardly Dangerous

eventhough it only hangs up at 5k while in gear?
          Last edited by caligxr; 06-24-2011, 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by caligxr View Post
            will give it a shot thanx
            Hardly Dangerous

eventhough it only hangs up at 5k while in gear?

Common issue with electrical (weak spark) that causes an issue with it not igniting in the cylinders right when under load.

What specifically causing this issue, I don't know off hand... but that is a possible reason it will rev fine in neutral.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanx for all of your help!!!!

Comment

I had caligxr's same problem with my bandit engine. but also my engine was clacking horribly around the top end area. Ive bought a replacement 06 750 engine but do you think i will still have rpm problems using the same CDI?

Comment

This might be a dump question and or idea.. But can throttle limiters be put on the bike? I think I read somewhere that countries over seas put something on the carbs to keep the RPM's down unitl you have a year of riding... I am almost positive this isn't what it is but thought I would ask.
                  Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Yeah, they do that over seas. I had someone tell me that in an email wanting to buy a set of carbs on eBay. I believe it's restrictions placed in the intake boots between the carbs and the cylinder head. But specifics I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      Yeah, they do that over seas. I had someone tell me that in an email wanting to buy a set of carbs on eBay. I believe it's restrictions placed in the intake boots between the carbs and the cylinder head. But specifics I don't know.
                      Round plates with a teardrop shape cut in them to limit the HP to 33 BHP, placed in the boots between carbs and cylinder head. Well, not necessarily a teardrop shape, but at least a circle.

Comment

i have this same problem, please tell me if you find anything out how to fix it

Comment

Have any of you pulled/cleaned/replaced the spark plugs?

Comment

Yes i replaced them with ngk iridium plugs to no avail

Comment

If you have restrictions in the intake boots... take'em out. Although I doubt that's the problem. Jus' sayin'
                              Last edited by arsenic; 07-08-2011, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X