2001 Gas Tank Hose Hookups

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Gas Tank Hose Hookups

2001 600

Tank is coming home from painter tomorrow. I uncovered the area yesterday where the hoses are that hook up to gas tank. Then I sat confused thinking, why didn't I label this part like everything else!

I see 3 hoses and don't remember which goes where on the tank. Anyone have a diagram link or suggestion for me? I know one goes to the petcock.

Thanks in advance!

-Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

PERFECT!!! Thanks so much!

Comment

Alright I am retarded ... FINALLY got tank today.

I looked at the diagram but a little confused.

I have 3 hoses: 1 for petcock, which I know where it goes. 1 that looks like it leads to under the bike (like a drain or vent?). 1 that goes into something I can't tell.

I am worried about mixing the two up. Anyone have a picture of a post tank underneath so I know what goes where. Also, what is that other tube? Is that venting or over flow or???

One more dumb one - NONE of these hoses had clamps on them (including petcock). That doesn't seem right to me. Hoses look good, no cracking, etc... Should I put on clamps? Is there clamps normally?

Sorry for all the odd questions. I went from a Vstar to this and I don't recall me having these kind of dumb questions.

THANKS!

Comment

Working...
        X