Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

biggest engine you can fit in a gsx600f?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biggest engine you can fit in a gsx600f?

hi guys, i have a 1990 gsx600f, does anyone know what is the biggest engine that will fit straight in is? could do with a bit more beef on take off!!
    ride it like you've stolen it!!!

The bandit b12 is the biggest non custom motor that will fit without serious mods.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

hmmmmm nice! thanks 5forty2

is the b12 off the mk1 bandit?
      Last edited by spunky gypo; 06-19-2011, 01:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      ride it like you've stolen it!!!

Comment

Bandit 1200, there are some build threads on here that should answer most of your questions.
        2005 Gsx600f- My baby
        1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
        Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

Biggest is a relative term. The Bandit 1200 is actually something like 1156cc or something. The GSXR 1100 is 1127. When over bored, the biggest either is going to be is 1216 cc's. And a 89-92 GSXR 1100 is easier to find.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            And a 89-92 GSXR 1100 is easier to find.
            He's not kidding. I've been looking for ages for a complete B12 mill and you can practically buy an entire beat-up running Gix1100 bike for near the price of only a running B12 engine. At least where I'm at.

Comment

you can be completely ridiculous.. APE lists a 1277, 1370 or 1371 over bore size for the gsxr 1100 unit.. way over kill for the street.. but hey.. why not..LOL

The also list for the GSXR750 1988 - '89 / GSXR750F KATANA 1989 - 97 (19 mm pin), a 771 and 813 kit
              Last edited by GSXFJim; 06-20-2011, 09:38 AM.
              http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Originally posted by GSXFJim View Post
                you can be completely ridiculous.. APE lists a 1277, 1370 or 1371 over bore for the gsxr 1100 unit.. way over kill for the street.. but hey.. why not..LOL

The also list for the GSXR750 1988 - '89 / GSXR750F KATANA 1989 - 97 (19 mm pin), a 771 and 813 kit
                Did you happen to read the part about taking out the cylinder sleeve and using after market sleeves? Do you really think you can just over bore a stock cylinder sleeve to 1371 cc's? Have fun with that one. Oh and I know you can over bore a 750 to 813. Only because I did. But it's a 16mm wrist pin, not 19mm. And custom made Crower con rods too.

Comment

new sleeves are always needed.. never said they didnt need it.... its just $$
                  http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                  http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                  '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                  "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                  "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Not to over bore it too 1216 cc's you don't need different sleeves. That's what I meant. With the OE cylinder sleeves either B12 or GSXR 1100 is going to be 1216.

Comment

What would be a good price range for a running gsxr 1100 now a days? I,m making a list of parts for an engine swap this winter and i was just Curious to how much i need to set aside after i get back from the dragon. Hard to beat the insurance on a 600 Kat.
                      "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                      1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                      2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Well, I got the deal of a lifetime on my engine stuff. Realistically, Like $800 if you pick it up locally. Up to like $1,500 shipped. It really comes down to opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                        X