No announcement yet.
X

Bike won't go past 7000 RPM!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no luck, swapped coils on the right side but I just can't get passed 7000 RPM from third gear on! Starting to get pretty ****ed with the bike and my just bring it to a shop. Any other ideas??

Comment

Cdi, pulse pick up coil, I think it's ignition related.
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

I have the same problem

Comment

Look at the bright side, you can do 60MPH(legal speed limit in many many may places) and get fabulous gas mileage out of your 7k RPM Limit! Beyond that, sorry mate.

Do the trannys in these bikes have something they could shut off the engine with?

Comment

Here is an update.

I had poor compression and since then had the cam chain replaced and valves adjusted. The compression is now better but the same problem persists. The sides stand switch was bypassed by the PO, the air filter has been blown out and is good, the floats are at 14.5, no fuel line filter and i checked vacuum with starter fluid and there are no leaks. When I cleaned my carbs and later when the mechanic re-cleaned them we noticed the diaphragms where stiff and thin. There where a few holes and we did patch them. Could bad diaphragms cause this problem? I just hung up with my mechanic and over the weekend I will be testing the spark strength under load as my mechanic has a tool for it.

Mat

Comment

How do you patch holes in the diaphragms? Just get new ones an eliminate that possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                How do you patch holes in the diaphragms? Just get new ones an eliminate that possibility.
                Seriously...half my plastics are held on by zipties and even I think that's shady/cheap as hell...
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

we used silicone to patch it up. I am having a hard time locating new diaphragms. I found one seller who sells some that apparently fits 88-97 600 carbs. I know the 88-89 carbs are 31 mm and the 90-97 are 34 mm carbs. Are the diaphragms for both the same size?
                  And lastly, would bad diaphragms cause the problem I am having; not revving past about 7000 rpm when under load? It will redline when parked.

Comment

Working...
                  X