No announcement yet.
X

Cleaning the Pilot Circuit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I screwed it in about halfway for these pictures. the idle adjuster screw's spring is fairly compressed already. If I screw it in all the way, it lightly touches the linkage, barely opening up the throttle plates
    Attached Files

Comment

That's not normal even a little bit. It should screw all the way up to the linkage rather easily.

Comment

Is there a way to adjust the linkage? Maybe I got stuck throttle plate or something. Could this be the cause of my problem?

Comment

Well had it idling perfect till it warmed up I give up

I've rebuilt the carbs three times and done every adjustment known to suzuki and then some and still getting no results checked everything for any leak and nothing I'm half tempted to go back to VW's at least I can completely rebuild one of those with no issue
          Last edited by Sean Z Boy; 06-28-2011, 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          $ S Z B $

Comment

Are you supposed to remove the throttle plates before doing the chem-dip? The #1 carb's throttle assembly is very slow and doesn't move as freely as I remember it.
            Last edited by jamesm113; 06-29-2011, 12:17 AM.

Comment

I kept them in
              $ S Z B $

Comment

This post is turning into one epic fail after another. I'm going to excuse myself from this. Good luck.

Comment

having all the same issues on my 2001 750 Kat Carbs. It's killing me....

Comment

Originally posted by khatch View Post
                    having all the same issues on my 2001 750 Kat Carbs. It's killing me....

Yeah, but your in Asheville and I might know somenone who could help you with that locally...

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by jamesm113 View Post
                      Is this normal? The idle screw barely touches the throttle stopper-linkage thingy (sorry for the imprecise terms) when it's 100% in. I put my pinky in there to show how big the gap is. There are no throttle cables attached and I am not holding the throttle plates open - they are closed.
                      If the idle screw isn't touching the stop, that means that the carbs are stopped from rotating by a butterfly (or by damaged linkage, etc, but let's pretend that isn't a possibility for the moment). If the bike will still idle at that point, then it means that your sync is ungodly far off. Take a look at the backside of the carbs off of the bike, I would bet that 2 or 3 of the butterflies are slightly open, while at least one is dead balls closed against the carb body. Set them so they are roughly the same (and so the idle screw will touch the stop) and then give it another go.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                        If the idle screw isn't touching the stop, that means that the carbs are stopped from rotating by a butterfly (or by damaged linkage, etc, but let's pretend that isn't a possibility for the moment). If the bike will still idle at that point, then it means that your sync is ungodly far off. Take a look at the backside of the carbs off of the bike, I would bet that 2 or 3 of the butterflies are slightly open, while at least one is dead balls closed against the carb body. Set them so they are roughly the same (and so the idle screw will touch the stop) and then give it another go.
                        yup, that was what was what was going on. did a better job bench syncing them (using one of the jet holes as a guidance) and that lowered the stop a little closer to the idle screw.

I used a spray can of white lithium grease on throttle plate linkage of carb #1 (the one that was so sticky that my carbs no longer snapped closed when I released the throttle) and everything seems good there.

Now if I could just figure out how to set the idle to 1750RPM without the bike reving up to 2000 on its own. It's impossible to get it any higher than 1400RPM right now.

Comment

Yep,that's True Krey, what RU doing this Weekend ?

Comment

Originally posted by khatch View Post
                            Yep,that's True Krey, what RU doing this Weekend ?

PM me about Sat or Sun Eve (after 4). I'm riding to the dragon tomorrow (friday).

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

khatch/Krey-
                              Let us know what you find, please!

Thanks

Comment

If it idles at 1400 on its own, sync at 1400. then adjust idle again and sync again. keep doing till you can get the 1750 mark
                                When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Working...
                                X