X

Pre Throttle cable differences.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Throttle cable differences.

I've found that the throttle cable on my 89 600 is to long to use with the 94 600 carbs I'm using on the project bike, the cable it self not the housing. I see the the 88 & 89's use one part number and the 90 thru 97 use a different part number and I'm assuming thats the difference and I just need to pickup the later version. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks Richard
    96 Suzuki GSX750F
    89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
    05 Yamaha WR450F
    05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

You could always swedge on another ball to make your old one work but for the price... Just order up a new cable. Tell the missus you needed one anyway.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      You could always swedge on another ball to make your old one work but for the price... Just order up a new cable. Tell the missus you needed one anyway.
      I was just checking them out and it looks like you can buy a new one shipped for less then $20-25. I was just looking at the old carbs and it looks like the cable wraps around a bell crank type unit apposed to a pretty much streight pull on the later carbs. so I may have a answered
      my own question. The Missus knows all my tricks so I just buy one anyway, I'll just get that glare "A package came for you today"

Richard
      96 Suzuki GSX750F
      89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
      05 Yamaha WR450F
      05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Can't say I miss that part of family life.

Comment

Working...
        X