X

Bike wont start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike wont start

I just rescued my bike from the side of the road. I stalled it in traffic idling along in second gear. What happens is, I turn the key on, pull the clutch, and hit the start button. The bike clicks and then all my lights shut off for a time. I checked all the wires and fuses that I can find and haven't seen shorts or bad fuses. I was able to push start it to get it home... It just wont start with the button. The battery is fully charged. I would suspect the starter but it has never given me reason to suspect it is going bad. Any help would be appreciated as this is my main means of transportation.

sounds like u have a breaking wire, something that hasent fully burnt through yet. if that bike has a circuit breaker could be that or corroded terminals and of connectors

Comment

Dude, your battery is dead.

Comment

deff my first thought to if its fully charged it might be bad aka no amps

Comment

That click you're hearing is the starter solenoid working. Than there is no power passing through.

Comment

Definitely battery or alternator failing to charge. I had a similar problem sans clicking when I bought mine and it turned out to be a bad clutch switch that is easily bypassed. Here's hoping you end up with something as easy to fix

Comment

Working...
            X