X

Problems after Carb sync

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems after Carb sync

So i did a carb sync on my 01 kat, put it back together it worked fine for a bit, about 3 days, but now i have alot of smoke coming out of the tail pipe and and it doesnt accelerate right, what could have gone wrong!? any ideas? i will probably gonna take it back apart see if anything moved, i followed cp post on how to do it, so i think there was nothing wrong with that part, any help please let me know, thanks.

Check plugs for spark, check all 4 cylinders for compression. Carbs don't just suddenly go bad.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Yes they do, all the time. It always runs right... till it don't.

Comment

ya i just changed the the plugs not long ago and compression is good, i had problems adjusting the accelerator cables that go at the top of the carb, i dont know if that would have anything to do with it, you sync went out againg !?

Comment

Throttle cables could easily be the issue if you didn't quite get them on right. Definitely worth taking a look. Take a good look at vacuum fittings, too. You did remember to put the spring clips back on the vacuum caps, right? I've had one of them blow off when the engine was running.
          Last edited by Wild-Bill; 06-07-2011, 05:48 AM.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Um... what color smoke?

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yeah i put the caps on ill take a look see if they are still on, it looks grey, and it smells alot like fuel.

Comment

Have you put anything in the gas? Have you checked the tank for water?

krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

nope nothing in the gad i dont think water got in there, ill take all the fuel out and replace it, but i dont see how water would of gotten in the tank

Comment

Originally posted by HungLow View Post
                    nope nothing in the gad i dont think water got in there, ill take all the fuel out and replace it, but i dont see how water would of gotten in the tank

Normally...

Black = fuel.
                    Blue = oil
                    White = water/additives.

Generally speaking...

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

That's not "normally" that's ALWAYS

Comment

might be black it smells alot like fuel

Comment

Working...
                        X