X

clutch problem?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch problem?

My bike shifts hard into first out of N... and when in first and holding the clutch in the bike still rolls slightly on flat ground. is the clutch cable to long maybe? is it burnt out?? help please.

Me too

Mine shifts hard into first when I first crank her up, but shifts smmoth once warm. Does yours get better after warm? I'm guessing it's a matter of minor adjustment. I'll be curious to see what is said about your post.

Comment

It does get smoother but then it gets hard again and gettin into N is tough even when warm after riding 10 minutes even after an hour, a lil smoother but not what it should be and that still desnt explain the rolling in 1st whe the clutch is held... slight rollin nothin major but it moves... I'm wonder if maybe the clutch cable is the culprit??

Comment

Take off your left side fairing (if you have it on.)

Loosen the cable so there is no pressure at the side cover, and move the handle bar adjustment all the way in towards the lever.

Remove the rubber center cap on the left engine side cover.

Loosen the nut, and turn the inside bolt in until you just feel resistance. Back out 1/4 turn. Lock the nut back in place.

Adjust the cable at the side cover so the cable is just tight again.

Put the bike back together, and check the clutch is working properly.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Alright, ill give it a shot, sucks I just put al the plastics back on..

Comment

I'll do the same if it gets any worse. No biggie for now.

Comment

where in FL are u?

Comment

Working...
              X