X

Mystery carb part....?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Thanks!

Guys, if you were me, would you start with the A/F screws to help the rich condition?

I know, I know...if you were me, you wouldn't have a DJ kit...etc, etc...but seriously??

Comment

If I were you, I would have started with the A/F screws a 2.5 turns out like you're supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        If I were you, I would have started with the A/F screws a 2.5 turns out like you're supposed to.
        Yeah, I guess I was trying to compensate for the lean condition from before...it was just a trial thing, I didn't expect to nail it on the first round...plus I don't have the stock jet sizes so I'm sure it's going to take some experimenting with the 114 jets. I'll crank it back to 2.5 and go from there.

Comment

Don't mind Arsenic. He just gets a little ****y when people ignore really good advice.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I have one of these tools and it works WAY better than the ****ty $15 cheapo one that is similar.
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
              Don't mind Arsenic. He just gets a little ****y when people ignore really good advice.
              That's not MY advice. It says the on the DJ instructions. And the Factory Pro instructions. And yeah, I say that too.

Comment

I reset the A/F screws to 2.5 and it seems like that fixed it, haven't given it a good test yet but it sounds and responds better.

This is probably a stupid question and I'm sure the answer is obvious but...

A friend of mine dropped of his 94 CBR600 for me to wet sand and buff since we recently painted it. I just rode his the same distance as mine...half a mile or so down the street and I noticed that his headers are no where near as hot as mine. I assume that is due to the more efficient water cooled engine...? as compared to the oil cooled?

Comment

And a different exhaust.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                  X