X

Stabil?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stabil?

I am getting ready to store my bike for winter and have found this site very useful but I have a question. Is Stabil a brand name and is it made for motorcycles only?
    My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

Yes, it's a brand name. No, it's a general purpose gas stabilizer. You can get it at Walmart.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Ok thank you. Would I still use the whole bottle in my motorcycle tank?
      My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

Comment

No. There's a certain amount that you add per gallon of gas. The formula will be on the bottle (it's something like 1/2 oz. per gallon). The Stabil bottle will be marked in ounces to help you out. You will only use about half the bottle for a moto tank.

Comment

Remember to run it into your carbs....

Comment

Yeah , stop at a gas station on the way home and add the stuff , then fill up your tank , then ride home . You'll be all set after that .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              Yeah , stop at a gas station on the way home and add the stuff , then fill up your tank , then ride home . You'll be all set after that .
              Thats what i did. You can smell the difference in the exhaust. Last winter my bike sat for three months. It stumbled a little at first, but after a few minutes she ran like a champ.

Comment

Stabil is great! I have been using it for probably 6rys and it really works great...after you add it to the tank make sure you run the engine for a few minutes to get it into the carbs...
                Take care,
                8)

Comment

Working...
                X