X

Losing Aligment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Aligment

For some reason or another I ride my bike and when I use the rear brakes i feel the *** end shift. Come to find out, when doing so the wheel pushes out the alignment plate on the right side. I have tighten the nut down and still does it. What do you think?

Now its the "Waiting Game"..... Please anyone can chime in at anytime...more then welcome to make me look stupid or smart in that matter.
    Last edited by 96Kat75085; 05-29-2011, 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You have no cotter pin on your axle nut...or maybe I just think that because your picture is WOEFULLY out of focus.

Macro function, use it.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

No cotter pin. Realign, tighten and put a pin in. Might just be vibrating loose.
      When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

how tight are you torquing the axle? spec is around 75 lb.ft.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

by the look of the adjusters you should be also looking at the chain and sprockets
          No cotter is scary
          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I had the cotter removed right before snapping a picture. 75lb?!? WHOAH I dont think it was that tight.... its tight enough to start pressing into the swing arm. Regardless, I will will taken it even more.

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
            by the look of the adjusters you should be also looking at the chain and sprockets
            No cotter is scary

Couple weeks ago i put another chain and sprocket from a donor bike. Old chain was stretched and worn out... and has shark teeth for sprockets.

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            WOEFULLY.
            Awkward word choice to describe picture quality or focus thereof..... I am sorry I am not a master photographer...LOL
            Last edited by 96Kat75085; 05-29-2011, 08:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Did you have any extra spacers left over when you swapped sprockets?
              It should not be crushing anything when you tighten it up
              Get yourself a tourque wrench should be able to get something realatively inexpensive
              I never touch a wheel on a car or bike without tightening to spec. torque

Even the adjuster plates dont look like they are properly seated
              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

the one in the picture is out of alignment.

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                Did you have any extra spacers left over when you swapped sprockets?
                It should not be crushing anything when you tighten it up
                Get yourself a tourque wrench should be able to get something realatively inexpensive
                I never touch a wheel on a car or bike without tightening to spec. torque

Even the adjuster plates dont look like they are properly seated

Comment

What rotor is that? Is that actually an EBC Pro Lite contour rotor? Or is it a POS Chinese knock off for like $30 on eBay?

Comment

Arsenic, Don't be dissin on my rotors.... Dont hate me casue you aint me...lol J/k

I dont know it came with the bike along with the many issues.How would you know either way? I should have never traded my mint 1989 Yam Virago 750. The guy i got it from was like 400lb easy... the bike is now seeing better days.

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    What rotor is that? Is that actually an EBC Pro Lite contour rotor? Or is it a POS Chinese knock off for like $30 on eBay?

Comment

I have no idea how you would tell. I mean I have both a Galfer wave, and an EBC Pro Lite Contour. It doesn't look anything like the Galfer. It could be an EBC, but I don't know what marks are on it, I'll look in a minute. It COULD be EBC.
                      Last edited by arsenic; 05-29-2011, 09:43 PM.

Comment

From your pic which ever that one is....Mine is different then it. So the opposite of yours. I hope mine is the EBC... Quality always is better, and knock-off can/will miss your bike up.

I have no idea how you would tell. I mean I have both a Galfer wave, and an EBC Pro Lite Contour. It doesn't look anything like the Galfer. It could be an EBC, but I don't know what marks are on it, I'll look in a minute. It COULD be EBC.

Comment

I know yours is different. But that is for a 1993 GSXR 600 rear rim. It's a 5 bolt pattern. Yours is a 4 bolt pattern. If you look at the cross drilled pattern on the disc itself, it's the same.

Comment

Ohhh Okay! Thought that was one for a GSXF...lol

I know yours is different. But that is for a 1993 GSXR 600 rear rim. It's a 5 bolt pattern. Yours is a 4 bolt pattern. If you look at the cross drilled pattern on the disc itself, it's the same.

Comment

Working...
                            X