• Show
Clear All

• TAP (carbs)

does anyone know what size tap. i need for the for screw pilot threads

The what screw?

Comment

thats what bike bandit calls it

Comment

THAT DOES NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION. I don't care what BikeBandit calls it. WHAT SCREW ARE YOU TRYING TO TAP? Do you mean the A/F screw that screw on the bottom right in front of the float bowl that you had to drill the brass plug off of?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          WHAT SHREW ARE YOU TRYING TO TAP?

fixed it...

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

the screw pilot on bottom of the carbs the 3rd on does not go all the way in.need to clean up the threads

Comment

First of all BikeBandit lists that as Screw, Pilot. Which means it's a PILOT SCREW.
              [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Interstate-311-4183-M6x-5-Hand-Bottom/dp/B002KSSQB0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=industrial&qid=1306451140&sr= 8-1"]M6x.5 HSS Bottoming tap[/ame]

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                  fixed it...

Krey
                  I c wut u did dere.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    First of all BikeBandit lists that as Screw, Pilot. Which means it's a PILOT SCREW.
                    M6x.5 HSS Bottoming tap
                    At least they don't call it a screw (comma) pilot (comma) 1 each!

After all these years of reading the military's special ways of butchering the English language I never even noticed that the parts fiche does that.
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                    X