Originally posted by Black_peter
    HOLD ON!!!
    Obb (Old bike barn)
    Was were I got my kit..
    I was not impressed with the service.
    Nor did I get the kit I needed..
    I advise caution...

edit
    Look at the fich for the carb below (91 GSX 600)

Now go back and look at the kit..
    The bowl gasket is not the same
    Interesting. I guess their application years are incorrect. For what it's worth, what is pictured would work fine in my 1989 600's carbs (both sets I have).

Call and verify is the lesson, I suppose.
    Life is short and uncertain: eat your dessert first and ride every day.

Comment

Well , I've TRIED buying o-rings from like Lowes and Home Depot , but they're never the right size . I found some in an air conditioning rebuild kit that seem to be PERECT , except that they're the green ones , so I don't know whow well they'll hold up to gas over the months . Anyway Skier ,the o-rings I was talking about would be parts 20 and 21 in the diagram above . I don't know if they're the same size in the 750 as in the 600 , since they use different carbs ... But I've found some of the other o-rings at auto parts places and such without too much trouble . It's just those 2 on the float which seem hard to find . I have 2 sets of carbs I'd like to throw some o-rings in , and am actually planning on rebuilding MANY more sets of carbs . So if I could find a source for those o-rings that don't cost $4 per like some online sites , that'd rock .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Have you tried Parker O-rings..
        Or other industial sites?

Comment

No , just local shops , mostly . I didn't wanna pay $4 per o-ring + shipping on top of that . So I haven't even really looked online too much .

Comment

I am not ready to buy stuff for my carbs yet, but i inquired and i got this email back:

From Robert:

No matter what you need we can get it. What is it that you need?

Robert P. Reil
            Managing Director,
            Motorcyclecarbs.com, Inc.
            4292 Country Garden Walk NW
            Kennesaw, Ga. 30152
            Office 770-974-8851
            Fax 770-974-8852
            www.motorcyclecarbs.com

I inquired about the '92 750. So sounds good, just if someone buys anything please let us all know their prices. Thanks.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I just shot him an email asking if they offer a rebuild or repair kit so to speak and if he could give us a general pricing of the parts. I'll let you all know what i find out.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                Well , I've TRIED buying o-rings from like Lowes and Home Depot , but they're never the right size . I found some in an air conditioning rebuild kit that seem to be PERECT , except that they're the green ones , so I don't know whow well they'll hold up to gas over the months . Anyway Skier ,the o-rings I was talking about would be parts 20 and 21 in the diagram above . I don't know if they're the same size in the 750 as in the 600 , since they use different carbs ...
                Interesting. It seems the carbs are not the same across all pre-98 600cc Kats, as I had believed earlier.
                Life is short and uncertain: eat your dessert first and ride every day.

Comment

www.allorings.com offers a Viton oring kit.
                  in 30 different sizes, for $125..
                  There are 382 orings in the kit..
                  That comes to about $0.33 per oring..
                  Now larger ones (ones too big for a kat) will be more expensive. very small ones (like the port o-rings) will be a little more too.
                  However a kit of 400 o-rings will cost more than
                  if you bought the o-rings by themselves..
                  The kit comes in a box

So they will mark up the price for and handling and the cost of the case..
                  You need to contact them for a quote.

NOTE:
                  * O-rings are measured by their diameter and
                  thickness based on the Parker Standard..

So take a Kat o-ring, measure the inside diameter and then measure the thickness..
                  You can then request a quote.
                  I'm betting you can get the o-rings very cheaply.
                  However you may get them cheaper in larger quanities..

*Viton is a high quality o-ring material that is gas/oil safe and offers a high temp resistance.

Maybe hard to see but it says 10,000+ hours at 204C (about 400 F)
                  Viton is a much better grade of o-ring material than the stock Suzi item..
                  It is dimensionally and chemicaly stable over long periods of time.
                  I have seen Viton O-rings out of the package that have had no changes in
                  permiablity or durometer. It is the industry standard for Semiconductor.
                  Exceeded only by Kalres/Chemres for extreme chemicle exposure.
                  Or Florocarbons for heat resistance.. (1000 C range)

IMO including the bowl gasket you could put together an o-ring package for $25 per carb set (all four carbs) and still make a profit..

Wow I bet there are no less that 20 spelling errors in that post!

Comment

I got a reply from the guy at motorcyclecarbs.com

We will be closed all thanksgiving week. Open normally 10-6 est m-f.

Kits if available in the industry are generally $26.95 but we are going through pricing reconstruction as we are rolling out a huge shopping cart. It works, its now just data population.

If no one makes a kit we can design one and offer it to you forum members. WE just have to research what is and is not available and find out what you guys would need in the kit.

That’s what we do.

It is best to tell me exactly what parts you need and then we can give you exact quotes.

Be advised that we offer a full line of OEM Suzuki parts and you would best describe us as the parts dept you WISH your dealership was.

Our OEM parts prices are at suggested retail. OEM Dealers typically mark up prices 5-10%

So let us know more of how we can help you.

Robert P. Reil
                    Managing Director,
                    Motorcyclecarbs.com, Inc.
                    4292 Country Garden Walk NW
                    Kennesaw, Ga. 30152
                    Office 770-974-8851
                    Fax 770-974-8852
                    www.motorcyclecarbs.com

So someone that is more knowledgeable can maybe populate a list of things needed for a typical carb rebuild kit for all the models. Since i have no idea what other models need except what my '92 750 has.

Comment

I'm pleased that I was able to start what looks like a very useful conversation!
                      I'd be very interested in seeing a rebuild kit, but I will probably end up ordering parts to get it back together on my time table... of course I should probably look at the carbs for my '01 bandit in the next few months here too.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

so who has a micrometer, knows how to use it and will have their carbs apart?!?!?

Comment

I don't have one , but I think I know how to use one , and I have spart carbs to rip apart and play with . Send me a micrometer , and I'll measure the o-rings !

Comment

No way buster!!
                            If you have the worn o-rings mail them to me..
                            I'll measure them..
                            Honestly I'll gladly help in getting a carb kit together..
                            Maybe I'll pitch in for the o-rings
                            you gather the bowl gaskets?

Comment

Huh . If you really wanted , I COULD mail you a set of o-rings from some spare carbs I have .... But I don't know where I'd get the bowl gaskets from . I just ordered mine from Keith when needed .

Comment

Bike bandit has them (I assume ron ayers too)
                                for only about $5.. not too bad as it is a pretty
                                unusual part.. Maybe direct from mukini?

Comment

Working...
                                X