X

Chain broke yesterday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain broke yesterday

Yesterday while out riding my chain snapped and when I pulled over I noticed I had no clutch. There was no resistance at the lever. once I pulled the lever in it stayed in. so today I took it all apart to see how much damage I did. I took off the cover and inside the "push rod" I guess it would be, is broken. and im guessing the piece that broke off is still inside. So how would I go about getting that peice out? And Its a 06 600
    Thanks

Originally posted by Mopedmafia View Post
    Yesterday while out riding my chain snapped and when I pulled over I noticed I had no clutch. There was no resistance at the lever. once I pulled the lever in it stayed in. so today I took it all apart to see how much damage I did. I took off the cover and inside the "push rod" I guess it would be, is broken. and im guessing the piece that broke off is still inside. So how would I go about getting that peice out? And Its a 06 600
    Thanks

Pretty sure that piece is not stainless, so a strong magnet would probably pull it out.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

remove clutch cover, remove clutch pressure plate and springs, insert long 3/8" extension into hole, and smack with your hand. That will likely pop it out enough to grab it with a pair of needlenose pliers. I've also heard of coathangers and the like, but that was my method, anyway.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

can you see the piece in there? when this happened to me the push rod snapped and was sticking out enough to pull it out. there are 2 push rods in a row so make sure its not the second one your trying to take out.

Comment

When mine snapped it ripped the whole push rod out.
          Make sure you replace the gasket as well.
          1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
          1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
          Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

Working...
          X