X

Smoke pouring......uh oh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke pouring......uh oh

ok so heres my issue, for anyone who knows this bike sat for a long time before i got ahold of it, got the carbs cleaned (might still be a tiny issue here) and she runs under her own power now, but its smoking out of the breather coming off the head and white smoke out of the oil fill cap, no smoke coming from the exhuast.....

i have a whole can of seafoam in the tank for the last month now (havnt had it on the road yet) is read that seafoam will make it do this......or do i have a more serious issue on my hands like blown rings

You're not supposed to put the whole can in the tank. Seafoam tells you that too.

Comment

so its me being retarded and having a whole can in there then? >.<

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

sweet! in a way lol

guess ill just have to deal with it for now while im messin with it then

arsenic your teh man sir

Comment

Gracias, you're welcome.

Comment

Wait a second. If you put sea foam in the tank, then you should have smoke coming out of the exhaust. If it's coming out of the crank case. I would be worried that the needle valves are stuck and gas has flowed down into the crank case. How much oil is in it? Does it look over filled?

Comment

Originally posted by freqflyer View Post
                Wait a second. If you put sea foam in the tank, then you should have smoke coming out of the exhaust. If it's coming out of the crank case. I would be worried that the needle valves are stuck and gas has flowed down into the crank case. How much oil is in it? Does it look over filled?
                You have a valid point, check your oil.
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                X