X

Oil Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Question

I tried searching but the search function disallows three letter words like "oil".

I'm leaning towards running Mobile One in my new to me Katana. However, 10w40 Mobile One is hard to find. Also the manual says API grade SF or SG are these old grades?

Can I use Mobile One 10w30? It's listed as API SN,SM,SL,SJ

Can I use Mobile One 10w40 high mileage? It's listed as API SN, SM, SL

I know the Mobile One Racing 4T 10w40 motorcycle oil would be best, but right it's $3.30 a quart more.

What can I use?

If you use anything but MOTORCYCLE oil, you're clutch will slip like crazy. Auto oil has friction modifiers that are not meant for a wet clutch. You NEED to use the Mobil 1 4T oil.

Comment

I always buy my bike oil from my dealership. My local Suzuki dealer carries Bardahl 10W40 and I have been using it for 10years. You can use what ever 10W40 motorcyle oil you want just make sure its motorcycle oil. Car oil and Synthitic oil are not reccomended for Katana's.

Comment

Uuummm Mobil 1 4T IS synthetic. Synthetic is fine as long as it's MOTORCYCLE oil. Try the Google site search next time. It works much better.
        Last edited by arsenic; 05-17-2011, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I just use Suzuki oil and filter $25-30. Worked for me.
          sigpic

RIP CP
          50th Anniv R6
          95 Katana 600
          http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

I run rotella in my track and street bikes...no problems thus far and good reviews.

Comment

Nixinus, I ran rotella in my 250 ninja for years. I agree no problems. I just thought since this a oil cooled bike, unlike the ninja, that I should spring for a fully synthetic.

Comment

You need JASO certification for your bike oil. Somebody find cyberpoets picture I'm on my phone.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

How to understand Motorcycle Oils...
                  And How to Choose Motorcycle Motor Oils...

That's everything you ever needed or wanted to know about oil.

Comment

Working...
                  X