Velocity stacks...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
    I would keep them equal lengths.
    the idea for having the VS different lengths comes from pressure waves bouncing off the valves after the mass of air instantly stops flowing as the intake valves shut. tunning you air intakes length requires knowledge of how and when that pressure wave fill flow and when will the pressure "rebound" and turn back in the direction of the valves. and when you want it to happen in the rpm range. ....

I've heard about tuned intake runners for car engines that provide a kind of turbo-charging effect. How do they work?

get to reading buddy. make it work.....

anyone opposing you can eat their words if you follow through with it and runs right... but you will have to get it dynoed to prove it. if you can prove it record your findings. Then sell a kit to the lousy *******s who said you couldn't!
    The big problem with this info is a different idea this would be better to design carb spacer which is another good idea but I"m not sure i wanna tackle that right now...
    1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
    1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
    Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      Hey, I'm always offending someone, some how. Even though I never mean too. So, I'm just clarifying. I'M NOT TRYING TO SAY ANYTHING OFFENSIVE!
      I feel offended by this post...

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfe_UK View Post
        I feel offended by this post...

I take offense by you being offended.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          I take offense by you being offended.

Krey
          lol blame Chris! His name should be changed to Scape the Goat.

If your going to try it, I would still say give using the stock air boots that are in essense velocity stacks with pod filters. If you can figure out a way to mount the bell portion inside the pods just like it's on the OEM airbox... I'll bet those are going to match the air wave pulse your looking for already.

Overall the pods may still not work, but at last this way your not frakking around with the right "length"....

Or use them as the basis for the length and shape to make your own.

Krey

I second that.
          Last edited by il_ragazzo; 05-15-2011, 04:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

If your going to try it, I would still say give using the stock air boots that are in essense velocity stacks with pod filters. If you can figure out a way to mount the bell portion inside the pods just like it's on the OEM airbox... I'll bet those are going to match the air wave pulse your looking for already.

Overall the pods may still not work, but at last this way your not frakking around with the right "length"....

Or use them as the basis for the length and shape to make your own.

Krey
            Since i don't have the stock air box does any one have the measurement or would anyone be kind enough to get them??

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post
              Since i don't have the stock air box does any one have the measurement or would anyone be kind enough to get them??

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thats not measurements lol

Comment

yeah but u can't beat that price.... and you can still play with your pods even after u buy that... PLUS u can use the stock boots on the pods... maybe... definitely a good deal.
                  Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                  Tony
                  94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post
                    Thats not measurements lol

Your gonna spend alot more on making something than just buying and having the airbox and boots your gonna end up with using anyways in the end.... at least, if your the only bidder. That's not a bad price.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                    X