X

Airbox Options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbox Options

OK I'm tired of the horrible idle and inability to properly tune the air pods...
    What air-boxes fit my 95 750?????

Please help
    1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
    1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
    Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post
    OK I'm tired of the horrible idle and inability to properly tune the air pods...
    What air-boxes fit my 95 750?????

Please help

Any 89-97 750 airbox will fit.

krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Will any of the 600 ones fit? Cause the 750s are hard to find on ebay and seem to cost more...
      And is any other bike that may provide better performance available?
      That's kinda why I got the pods was for better airflow and performance and got bad results.
      And where does the airbox mount? My bike was in pieces when I got it and had no airbox.

Comment

The airbox will mount right behind the carbs. The 600 airboxes are different and won't fit. Did you rejet? I think that when you make major changes to the system that is neccessary.

Comment

i once heard baby socks on pod filters make a world of difference.
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

Like actual baby socks not some uni socks???

Comment

like actual baby socks. I guess the main problem with pod filters is they let too much air through to quickly so someone had the idea to use something to slow down and restrict some of the air. if you search for Black peters build you will find the reference towards the end. you might want to contact him about it. he might have been joking too idk really. but it's free and worth checking out before you pour money into an air box.
              Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
              Tony
              94 Katana 600

Comment

and with the young one almost a year old hes growing out of socks quickly

Comment

i slipped baby socks on the pods and they seem a lot better its still not great i may need velocity stacks to keep pods...

Comment

No, you need the air box and the OE air filter. If you want pod filters to work. Buy a set of Mikuni RS carbs. You would want 36RS.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      No, you need the air box and the OE air filter. If you want pod filters to work. Buy a set of Mikuni RS carbs. You would want 36RS.
                      Chris really knows his stuff. if you really want it to run right with easy of operation and maintenance get the oem filter and air box.

I just wanted you to try out that method to see if it really worked tbh...lol

if you decide to get an air box pm me I'm in search of cheap pods for an efi project.
                      Tony
                      94 Katana 600

Comment

Wreckie29 - sent you a pm.

Comment

After riding 20 miles with the baby socks I think I'm gonna do some experimenting before getting an air box and I kinda wonder if I need to go through and clean the carbs again ... it seems tons more responsive and now I can get on it at 4000 rpms without it falling flat on its face I'm also wondering what lenght a velocity stack would need to be I kinda wanna make some short ones or variable ones to test with.

My idle may be plugged pilot jets again I have to clean the carbs every year it seems and I got fuel filters so I don't know its weird.

Comment

the variable length stack they have in that thread wont work, because the air will slow down after the end of the inner stack because of the thickness of the stack.
                            you have to use thin material so that when you change the length of the inner stack it doesn't cause a HUGE gap that the air needs to fill. get my point?
                            Tony
                            94 Katana 600

Comment

Yeah I was thinking that too but how long do they need to be?

I got about an 1" to 1 1/2" of room before the rear fairings...

Everything I find says 3" to 4"...

And would air diverts inside the stacks help??? Like the vortex air intake deals they sell for cars with the fins...

so many questions, guess I need to play.

Comment

Working...
                              X