X

Tick Tick Tick

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick Tick Tick

Ok so im trying to get one of my other Kats running so that ill have a friend to ride with this coming summer. Well when i turn it on and try to start it all i hear is a clicking noise. I can hear the starter motor start to turn and i hear a clicking type noise from the back. Cant figure out what it is (I replaced the cylinder looking thing that the batter terminals hook up to. Cant remember what its called but that is where the ticking noise is coming from.)
    And all it does is tick. It doesnt start up. All you hear is the starter and the tick.
    What could be causing this?
    Im not sure even where to start.

(If i didnt clarify anything just let me know)

Check the battery, should be at least 12.5 v, no load. Also check you connections, they could be corroded or loose...

Good luck!
    Wherever you turn, wherever you go, if you get it wrong the least you can know: there's miles and miles to put it back together.
    G. Tipton, R. Halford, K. Downing

sigpic

Comment

That ticking is coming from the starter relay (working). Odds are DK is spot-on. Check voltage on the battery.

You can also try jump-starting from a car battery. (With the car not running.) That'll get you more than enough power to burn through anything less than major corrosion. If that doesn't work then try turning the engine by hand (pull the right-side cover and use a wrench) to make sure it isn't seized. That'll pretty well narrow it down to the starter motor.
      Last edited by ZukiFred; 05-11-2011, 07:09 AM.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I don't mean to hijack,
        I have a similar problem, I dumped my bike on the right side and it suddenly wouldn't start. I couldn't pop the clutch and start it in motion, the rear wheel just locks up. So I'm thinking about how you said the right panel on the engine will give me access to manually turn over the engine with a wrench, I have to ask a stupid question, when you take off the right cover of the engine, does oil come out, or is it still sealed behind there?

Comment

Some oil comes out but not everything. A bit of a dribble.

Try push starting in second gear.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
          X