X

vent tube

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vent tube

Has any one ever cleaned out the vent tube in their gas tank? really any advise would be great.

thanks guys

Originally posted by cortona View Post
    Has any one ever cleaned out the vent tube in their gas tank? really any advise would be great.

thanks guys

Are you asking how to do it? When you say "vent tube" what are you speaking specifically?

If your talking about the overflow (fill hole drain) that comes out the bottom, then....

Compressed air generally should cover most aspects. If you have something really stuck in there (I've run across a bug that used mud to make a nice home inside one once...) then you might need a little bit of a cleaner to loosen it up. But primarily, compressed air.

If your talking about the pressure equalization vent... that is in the OEM tank cap. To clean it, dissasemble the cap/lock and clean well. I recomend polishing the aluminum parts to remove any oxidization and to make their surface smother for operation. Then lube it all when put back together with a dry lock lube.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X