X

Carb spews gas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb spews gas

my carb pours gas out of the rubber tubes between the carbs...only on the one thats lowest when bike is on the kickstand. What can i do to fix this...and no im not savy in bike fixing...but i am learning so any ideas

The bike is a 96 katana 750
    Last edited by 96katblack; 05-06-2011, 06:46 PM.

Sounds like you need to rebuild the petcock and clean/rebuild the carbs. The float needles in the carbs aren't sealing and the petcock isn't stopping the flow of fuel.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

somebody offline told me float needles too...k thanks its a starting point

Comment

This will tell ya how...its in the Wiki but here is the link:

89 Katana 750
        06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

You need carbs 101 for pre 98 carbs.

Comment

Rubber tubes between the carbs... the fuel inlets?

There are rubber gaskets on either side of the inlet that if bad... will leak fuel. If not properly seated, they will also do that.

If fuel is coming out of the brass ports I would suspect the needles, but that doesn't follow the description.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks everybody for the help, like i said i dont know much about carbs. The rubber things between the carbs are T shaped and one end is open. I got it fixed and im back on the road!!!! all i did was take the tops off and cleaned everything i could possibly reach with the carb cleaner and tube. Then jacked my tank on seafoam(kudos to who invented it) now bike runs fine and better than it has since i got it. Now for the pesky fuel cock that only works at 3oclock setting!! Probably just replace it

Comment

Originally posted by 96katblack View Post
                thanks everybody for the help, like i said i dont know much about carbs. The rubber things between the carbs are T shaped and one end is open. I got it fixed and im back on the road!!!! all i did was take the tops off and cleaned everything i could possibly reach with the carb cleaner and tube. Then jacked my tank on seafoam(kudos to who invented it) now bike runs fine and better than it has since i got it. Now for the pesky fuel cock that only works at 3oclock setting!! Probably just replace it

Either the vacuum line is not hooked to it, or the petcock needs rebuilt so the vacuum will operate it.

Rebuild kits are alot cheaper than replacements.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

there are 2 lines coming to the petcock there is another line under the tank that is real small and hard plastic like.. Goes nowhere if thats the vacum line where does the other end go

Comment

It's supposed to go to the right side of the #4 carb, just below the top cap.
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                    X