X

Taking Gas Tank Off Quick Q

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Gas Tank Off Quick Q

I'm trying to take the gas tank off my 93 750 kat. I've took of the two main bolts that tie it down to the bike.

I disconnected the two wires that are connected to the tank (I'm guessing they ground the tank?). Then everywhere states to take the fuel cock off.

There are two screws holding it in place, I started to removed one and have way through gasoline started pouring out through that hole. Do I have to empty the tank first? I just want to get underneath it to the electric harness. =(

Unless the tank is empty you don't want to remove the petcock. (As you discovered!) You take the hoses off the petcock.

BTW, the wires are for the fuel gauge.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      Unless the tank is empty you don't want to remove the petcock. (As you discovered!) You take the hoses off the petcock.

BTW, the wires are for the fuel gauge.
      +1

I've always found it a good idea to draw a diagram to where each hose goes to if you don't have a service manual......and try not to kink anything when putting it all back together.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Thanks guys, you're 100% dead on! lol, so yea, I put the petcock back on asap. And there were only two little clamps holding the hoses in place. Loosened those and done! Tank is off. Thanks again bill.

Slofuze, excellent recommendation, I put a piece a paper on each hose etc with electrical tape with a description. THank you again guys.

Comment

Working...
        X