X

Hesitation Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hesitation Problem

Hey all, I have a 91 Kat 600F and I seem to have a hesitation problem at low RPMs. I'll let the bike warm-up with the choke for a few mins and then turn off the choke and it will idle around 1000rpm (too low?). Then I'll go to hit the throttle and it'll hesitate (occasionally stalling) until it gets over about 1500 or so RPMs. Am I running too lean or what? Any help would be great.

umm well your idle is around were its supposed to be in a perfect world it would be around 1200 rpms as for the hesitation i couldnt tell you mine had the same problem... although cleaning the carbs would more than likely fix your issue
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

I cleaned the carbs when I first got it, since of course it had been sitting for a while. I'm thinking maybe I need to mess with the synchronization screw or something.

Comment

Working...
      X