This is lean or rich? (video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RHarmon73 View Post
    __________________________________________________ ___

I have a 2000 Katana looks exactly like yours and had the same exact problem. I fixed it today.. It was the "Signal cover generator gasket" It was leaking and allowing air into the engine so I changed it. No more idle problem. The air will interfere with the idle causing a rich condition. You should check your gaskets before you mess around with any adjustment screws. Chances are the screws are right where they are supposed to be. Check your gaskets!!! =)
    I do not know what gasket you're talking about.
    Please tell me what is! Where is it?

Comment

I know its a crappy picture but I figured that it might help a little. The one you would need would be the one that is on the top left in the picture first row. Sitting on the bike right side.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by scarface; 08-23-2011, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Really?
        Can there be any air leakage through the site?

Comment

boxin - please let us know if this is the root cause. My kat had similar issues so I am curious to know...

Comment

Any updates on this problem?

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

no news from this side

Comment

The only thing that will tell you how your bike is running is your spark plugs, the rest is just heresay.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Well, the color of the spark plugs is correct. Always was.

Comment

Originally posted by boxin View Post
                    Well, the color of the spark plugs is correct. Always was.
                    Define correct.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

"coffee with milk" color...
                      I do not know how to define or translate.
                      but it is the right color that you can see in any tutorial

Comment

If your plugs look good you have an air leak, period. Sorry

Comment

That's what I was looking ever.
                          Never found it.

Comment

Did you try the new signal generator-cover gasket? This is on the right hand side of the bike. You use the position of this gadget for checking the valve clearances. Sounds like if you've done that in the past you may have a leak there. You'd know it though, as a small bit of oil will get by and drip onto the underside of your fairing. Don't ask me how I know this.

Comment

Working...
                            X