Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Option to allow easy access to sync carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option to allow easy access to sync carbs?

So, bought a morgan carb tune. Only issue i have is that with the slider for the choke, and the wonderfully awkward positioning of the leads to attach the hoses to for running the carb tune, has anyone figured out a nice method to make it easily accessible to hook up a carb tune without having to pull crap out just to hook up the hoses, and not create a vacuum leak?

Originally posted by vco123 View Post
    So, bought a morgan carb tune. Only issue i have is that with the slider for the choke, and the wonderfully awkward positioning of the leads to attach the hoses to for running the carb tune, has anyone figured out a nice method to make it easily accessible to hook up a carb tune without having to pull crap out just to hook up the hoses, and not create a vacuum leak?

If your talking about on the post (which you would have to be cause pre is really simple)...

I put 2-3" vacuum lines on them, capped those. Then for sync, connected to those lines sticking up above the carbs instead of trying to reach down below.

krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yea, thats what I was thinking of doing, but haven't had any issues with phantom leaks on the vacuum lines? ( to be honest, i'm surprised the caps actually even seal properly on them even with the decorative clip that holds them on)

Comment

+1 Kreylen
        "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
        1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
        2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by vco123 View Post
          Yea, thats what I was thinking of doing, but haven't had any issues with phantom leaks on the vacuum lines? ( to be honest, i'm surprised the caps actually even seal properly on them even with the decorative clip that holds them on)

Leaks mostly are gonna come from old rubber... cracked, hard, or dry rotted. New rubber short lines... I doubt would be a problem for a long time.

krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            If your talking about on the post (which you would have to be cause pre is really simple)...

I put 2-3" vacuum lines on them, capped those. Then for sync, connected to those lines sticking up above the carbs instead of trying to reach down below.

krey
            Will be doing exactly that to mine tomorrow. (Just make sure you use proper vacuum hose - my desperate experiment with clear plastic hose last weekend failed - as the hose heated, it collapsed making a balance impossible.)

Comment

ya, got proper hose for it, just need to figure out best method to clamp to the the metal nipple, and how best to plug the line....

Comment

I detached the carbs from intake and off with the cables and lifted up the whole assembly with air box. to get a good hold of it. because on mine the cap were on REALLY HARD. its the first time they have EVER been of so they were almost glued to the nozzles. I was scared to make a rip in them. had to use a lot of force. but if they have ever been off before I guess its easier.
                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                X