X

exhaust question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust question

my 97 katana 600 has a crack in the bottom of the exhaust header where all four pipes join into one...my question is i can get a stock exhaust from a 90 katana for 100 bucks...im wondering if it will work on my bike and it is a dual muffler setup how will that change the proformance of my current 4 into 1 setup?

4-1 offers better performance than a 4-2 setup.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Performance won't be as good although it'll fit. (As long as you go to the stock cans as well.) Have you tried taking the header to a welding shop to get it repaired?

Edit: The cost of having the one you've got repaired should be a lot less than $100.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        4-1 offers better performance than a 4-2 setup.
        actually 4-1 improves low-midrange

4-2 is better for top end

when I worked for MBRP building custom exhausts we dyno tested hundreds of one off systems before we put them into production. 4-1 is favored because of the huge weight savings and ease of tuning.

Originally posted by rudypoo18m View Post
        my 97 katana 600 has a crack in the bottom of the exhaust header where all four pipes join into one...my question is i can get a stock exhaust from a 90 katana for 100 bucks...im wondering if it will work on my bike and it is a dual muffler setup how will that change the proformance of my current 4 into 1 setup?

weld it. persoanlly I prefer the lighter exhaust and the streetability of a 4-1.
        4-1 = less top end but more low-midrange
        4-2 = less low-midrange but more top end

The average rider runs below 8000rpm 90% of the time so a 4-1 is the better system for this range
        Last edited by hardlydangerous; 05-03-2011, 10:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

thank you i will repair what i have...

Comment

hey if u wanna get rid of that dual set up ill take it

Comment

i dont have the dual setup...i was lookin at buying one on ebay....sry

Comment

Working...
              X