X

Idle Screw wont turn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle Screw wont turn?

for some reason my idle screw wont turn? ne ideas?
    J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Probably rusted inside the housing, had that happen on one of my kats when I got it, I used wd-40 and a pair of pliers to break it loose.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

What 542 said.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Other options that could also cause it...

The plastic/rubber sheath has hardened and is not flexible. Since it covers more than the flexible part of the adjuster cable, this will stop it from turning. Solution... cut it off.

The #3 bowl was put on with the cable in place, and it's clamped down on the washer used for the cable. Solution... Remove the bowl, remove the cable, put both back on bowl first.

Oil has coated the threads capturing dust, causing the threads to bind up. Solution... Use carb cleaner (pull them off the bike first) to clean around the threads best possible, blow dry with compressed air, oil the threads with a lube, remove the cable. Clean again well, oil, and re-install.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks guys will do this coming week
          J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

How many turns should there be in 'play' with the screw ? I can turn it forward to drop idle, but would like to move clockwise a little more. Currently idling around 1K, but sounds a little rough still.

Comment

Working...
            X