Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Silver collar under the main jet, flush or protruding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver collar under the main jet, flush or protruding?

So, I'm putting everything back together after cleaning my carbs ('03 750). (I have to say for anyone that is leery of doing it....just do it, study everything, take some pics, it's actually a lot more simple that things look like on the outside).

I guess i was a little distracted with checking out everything and the ONE thing i seemed to have not studied enough was the silver collar that sits under the main jet. It's cupped on the one end and somewhat more flat on the other. I was sure I told myself the cupped end went in first, but after putting everything in, I dont' remember it protruding out. Was this the correct setup, or was it supposed to be flush?

Yeah, it's supposed to stick out like that. It's called the needle jet. It's on top of the needle jet holder that has an o-ring on it, that the main jet (117.5) screws into. Everything looks good.

Comment

looks good !
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Thanks! I thought it was right, just wanted to avoid at least 1 reason to have to tear everything open again later.

It was totally worth pulling everything apart. Pilot jet were dirty as I expected, also drilled out the covers for the A/F screws, one carb was barely 1 turn out, with the tip of the screw projecting well out of the hole, the others were all at fairly different setttings. I was kinda surprised that there would be that much variance on them, or is it safe to assume that is expected on a bike with 30,000km on it ? (Other than the one that was super lean which i still can't figure out why it would be 1 turn out)

ooh, and the rubber seat on one side of the fuel line "T" tonnector thing between the 2 center carbs was starting to crumble apart...which would have probably just caused me more grief if left unchecked.
        Last edited by vco123; 04-30-2011, 02:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
        X