Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clarification for pre sparkplug part number

Hey guys,

reading a couple threads found a part number for ngk plugs, # was CREK9

I checked the ngk website and the part number they have listed for a 93 katana 600 is DR8ES.

Can someone clarify which part number I should use to order?

thanks

gitter

Originally posted by Gitter View Post
    Hey guys,

reading a couple threads found a part number for ngk plugs, # was CREK9

I checked the ngk website and the part number they have listed for a 93 katana 600 is DR8ES.

Can someone clarify which part number I should use to order?

thanks

gitter
    NGKs website should be correct.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

What year exactly? The pre 600 has two. 88-95 and 96-97.

Comment

its a 93

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            What year exactly? The pre 600 has two. 88-95 and 96-97.
            I got bit by this one. I got a set of plugs for the 95 600 and we changed the engine out before installing them. When we got the 96 I thought "great, we already have plugs!" and they weren't even almost close.

I seem to be collecting NGK plugs...
            Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

DR8es

Comment

Interesting, why the difference in size and gap chris? Thought the engines were the same.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Bottom line, is that because of how interchangeable the parts were, and how long they were produced, you need to verify what's in your head before you order parts.

CR9ek's have been found in engines as old as 1996.

"D" is a bigger size hole.
                  the number is the heat range. the 8 is a hotter plug than the 9.

-Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

DR8ES or DR8EIX

different maunufactures for the head is likely the reason but who knows. plug performance is the same between the two sizes
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      Interesting, why the difference in size and gap chris? Thought the engines were the same.
                      The difference in plugs actually makes a lot of sense. The 98+ Katana's use the NGK C series plugs. Well, in the UK a lot of the 1998 changes began in 1996. So , in the US the plugs for the 98+ Katana began in 1996. The engines are the same BTW. Other than a few minor changes in the 96-97 model. The cam chain, the cam chain tensioner, the cam chain guide (the 88-95 has an idler gear). It's a bunch of little random stuff that the 98+ Katana has that started in 1996.
                      Last edited by arsenic; 04-29-2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

So best bet is to go pull a plug from the bike before buying new ones?

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

The part number on the plug I pulled out is jr9c. Should I get the plugs listed on the website?

Comment

What brand are they? I know NGK has a part number like that. I know what C and D stands for in the p/n but I don't know what a J series is. I don't feel like looking it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X