X

Sycronizing Carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sycronizing Carbs

A couple of quick questions... I just bought a 91 Kat 750 that is in great shape but has been sitting in storage for over a year. I know I'm going to have to clean out the fuel sytem, remove and clean the carbs but "What is syncronizing the Carbs?" Second question does anyone have an idea on what kind of mileage I should get? No mods except exhaust.

Thanks, G
    Lt. George Hicks, D-8
    Anti Terrorism Officer Deputy Commander
    Hazardous Operations Division
    God Bless the USA

and this:
    motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

The carb photos are from a post Kat so the vacuum ports are in a slightly different spot (yours are on the black, plastic caps on top of the carbs) but the theory is the same. For more info do a search on "carb sync".

You should expect between 35-50 mpg depending on your riding. Best I ever got was 48 mpg on the highway on my '95 750. (Stock jetting and intake, Yoshimura 4-1 exhaust.)
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Welcome to KR! Before you start tearing into the carbs, try draining the tank and fuel bowls, filling with fresh fuel, and adding either Techron or Seafoam for a couple of tanks. Might be all that's needed to get it running right, without major effort.
      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the advice guys I appreciate it.
        Lt. George Hicks, D-8
        Anti Terrorism Officer Deputy Commander
        Hazardous Operations Division
        God Bless the USA

Comment

Working...
        X