X

Cable Lubrication

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Lubrication

I may be in the wrong area and i appologize, but i was wondering what should i use to lubricate my throttle cable on my 600cc 93 kat

I just did this, What I did was unhook it from the grip (it was off for another reason)
    Then slipped a piece of tubing over the end, The tubing was soft so I was able to get the cable end in there, and it fit tight around the metal end. Then I added about 2 oz of motor oil, left it for a couple hours.. I would measure the metal end then hit up your local aquarium supply or hardware store.. Now if you find something liquid with Teflon, go for it. But this is a cheap set up that worked really well for me.

Comment

Motion Pro Cable Luber

Comment

if you dont have a cable luber (harbor freight for $5 or motion pro for $15)

buy a ballon oR use a samich baggie, pour in a bit of light engine oil, zip tie the opening over the end of the cable and hang it up so the oil will drain out down into the cable.

98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

The manual says to hang the cable up, and spray lube from one end, waiting for gravity to pull it through. Has worked for me every time.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

+1 on the Motion Pro....have had the same one for at least 10 years now.
            89 Katana 750
            06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
              if you dont have a cable luber (harbor freight for $5 or motion pro for $15)

buy a ballon oR use a samich baggie, pour in a bit of light engine oil, zip tie the opening over the end of the cable and hang it up so the oil will drain out down into the cable.
              That was how I did it before, I liked the tube better, more control and reusable..

Comment

Working...
              X