X

2002 neutral light wont go off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 neutral light wont go off

I just got the bike and the netural light stays on no matter what gear the bike is in. Also the bike will not start unless the clutch is pulled in. I was thinking that the bike would start with the kickstand down if it was in neutral right? Either way with the stand up or down it will not start unless the clutch handle is pulled in. The bike doesn't die either when put in gear and the stand is down. Thanks if anybody has any info that would help.

Wow, sounds like someone hacked up the safety circuit...

I don't have an 02 wiring diagram.. That is what you need
    Last edited by Black_peter; 04-24-2011, 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I pulled the side off and looked at the kickstand saftey switch and didnt see any bad spots on the wires. I also pulled what I think is the gear position sensor? and checked the wiring on it seemed ok.

Wait on second thoughts after reading some I checked the kick stand switch and the speed sensor. The speed sensor has one bolt and is bolted on the sprocket cover correct? Where is the gear sensor?

Ok update. I unhooked the single blue wire connector and the light went off put up the kick stand and started it, when i put the stand down it died. so the stand switch is working. I am guessing bad neutral saftey switch.
      Last edited by Tbone2299; 04-24-2011, 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
      X