X

Kat wont run, bogs/dies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat wont run, bogs/dies

Hey guys this is my first post here, ive heard from a bunch of people this is the place to go with questions. Ive got a 2000 Katana 600, and it ran just fine until last week. I was on my way to work and the bike started to bog down and the throttle became very unresponsive, and the more gas i gave it the more it bogged. So i tried downshifting to go into a higher RPM range, but it kept bogging and then died a few seconds later. I gave it a tune up with new plugs and an air filter but it did not help the problem at all. I was told it may be a problem with the carbs. Any Ideas??

Yes, your problem is a clogged pilot circuit.

Comment

Check your fuel level and flow and petock are working right, check your airbox boots did not come off the carbs, check the airfilter and opening for it are clear and in good shape.

If all that looks good... then pull off the carbs and clean/inspect them.

Carbs 102 will cover that in detail on how to do it. If you have no clue, then have someone do it. Local shops or some board members offer this service.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Set it to "prime", does it run better?
        Yes, check vacuum petcock operation.
        No. Check flow from fuel filter with petcock on prime, does fuel run freely?
        Yes, continue on to carbs for jetting restriction.
        No, check fuel flow in prime at the petcock.

Comment

I set it to prime and it started off sounding like it was alright, but then it went right back to how it was running before, ill probably have to have someone come take a look at the carbs for me and see if theres anything they can do with em

Comment

Of course there is something they can do to them. Send them too me, I'll rebuild your carbs for you.
            This is what my sets of carbs look like whan I rebuild them:
            carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 98-06
            There is NO ONE better than me at this. The mechanic at your local dealership, I used to be that guy. This is what I do, I rebuild carbs. As a top rated seller on eBay with 100% positive feedback, I'd say I'm doing it right.
            Last edited by arsenic; 04-24-2011, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the offer, im going to see if i can get it done locally first just for the convenience of it, and a friend of mine actually owns a shop as well. I also want to make sure what the problem is and how much its going to cost to get all the work done to it, since my budget is limited at the moment

Comment

good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X