X

Success and failure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success and failure

After waiting for 2 weeks for the right parts to come from japan...... SHE IS ALIVE!.
    Ran for only 2 or 3 minutes due to the fact that i didnt have a fan to keep the bike cool for the on bike sync. However, The bike fired up after the fuel finally reached the bowls and after getting her off choke, sat at a very nice 700-900 rpms with no adjustment to idle screw. A very small amount of rough idle but i assume that will be cured by a running sync. After i was off choke i made sure she would hit 11k and she does with a very smooth accel and decel. ( i did it only once because of the nighmares i hear of problems at all different ranges)
    And now for the failure. Tried to get the bike to run off the yausa battery i had last year and all the cells are dry... crap! guess its time for another. Then as i was running it i noticed the petcock side of the 3-4 fuel hose is cracked and leaking. I guess that will be cured with the fuel hose i purchased to make the setup for the sync.
    Now all i have to do is front fork seals and chain and i am ready to hand it off to the next owner...
    Question tho. Anyone have the list of the sizes of the bolts for the fairings? i am sick of the allen bolts and was gonna change them all to phillips or slotted bolts.
    Thanks you folks for all the help with the fixin...

Idle is supposed to be 1100-1200. Turn it up to there and you may get rid of that roughness.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
    X