X

Alittle help with valves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alittle help with valves

I just did a valve adjustment on my bike last night, put all the plastics on today and took it out for a ride and well /cry. Something is messed up. Idk but it kind of sounds like a chain thats loose (If that makes sense to anyone) The exhaust sounds a bit funny too. It will run fine and then sounds like 2 burps as it goes. Gonna go back to pulling everything off again. Any help would be Very appreciated
    2005 Gsx600f- My baby
    1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
    Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

I would just make sure that the valves arent too tight. a little loose is better than over tight. Is it a chain sound or more of a valve tap sound?

Comment

Loose timing chain?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

first off what kind of bike it it? and what kind of vavle setup does it have? (shim or screw adjusters) if its shim you may have set the timming wronge or the chain tention is too loose? also did you do anything else?
        if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

thanks for the reply the bike is an 06 katana 600 with 500 miles on it. To do the adjustment its a screw. Iv been riding the bike and it rides fine, Idk maybe im not used to the regular engine noise on a 4 cyl bike. Just stepped up from a ninja 250.
          2005 Gsx600f- My baby
          1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
          Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

Originally posted by hinow41 View Post
            thanks for the reply the bike is an 06 katana 600 with 500 miles on it. To do the adjustment its a screw. Iv been riding the bike and it rides fine, Idk maybe im not used to the regular engine noise on a 4 cyl bike. Just stepped up from a ninja 250.
            I4 motorcycle engines are pretty noisy, more so with the oil cooled motors.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
            X