X

Idle issue, need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle issue, need help

I have a 750 with bst 36mm carbs. When the engine is cold it idles perfect. But after I run it, it won't idle and is hard to restart. Kinda like its loading up. I have tried different float heights and still no different. The carbs are fully rebuilt with seals, floats, needles and seats. Any help would be appreciated. The engine is actually in a sand drag quad, so it makes some pretty hard pulls. I also have a electric fuel pump pushing 3.5 psi if that might make a difference. Thanks

Originally posted by Mj6886 View Post
    I have a 750 with bst 36mm carbs. When the engine is cold it idles perfect. But after I run it, it won't idle and is hard to restart. Kinda like its loading up. I have tried different float heights and still no different. The carbs are fully rebuilt with seals, floats, needles and seats. Any help would be appreciated. The engine is actually in a sand drag quad, so it makes some pretty hard pulls. I also have a electric fuel pump pushing 3.5 psi if that might make a difference. Thanks

Is there fuel in the oil? Can cause the issue. Easy check.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Is there fuel in the oil? Can cause the issue. Easy check.

Krey
      +1.... just had that exact problem. Check your oil, then your floats.
      also see the "did the carb monster...." thread for other suggestions i got.
      Last edited by Giaco; 04-16-2011, 02:58 PM.
      -Giaco
      '81 CM400C,
      '99 GSXF 750

Comment

Just checked the oil and there is no fuel in it. And with the floats I have gone from one extreme to the next and stil the same. I will check that post. Do you guys think the fuel pressure is to much?

Comment

I'm sure that there is never that much vacuum from the carbs...3.5lbs sounds like a lot...
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            I'm sure that there is never that much vacuum from the carbs...3.5lbs sounds like a lot...

I would have no clue how much psi it would take to effect/negate the floats through pushing on the needles with a forced fuel flow.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              I would have no clue how much psi it would take to effect/negate the floats through pushing on the needles with a forced fuel flow.

Krey
              Kinda makes it tough to diagnose with an x factor like a fuel pump.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Try moving your tank above the engine and gravity feed the fuel. It sounds like you're running rich and I'd suspect that's because you're overpowering the floats' ability to regulate fuel levels in the bowls by running a pressurized fuel line.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                X