X

Oil leaking from the top of engine?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leaking from the top of engine?

I just dropped my bike and found that some oil had leaked out from near top of the engine area on to the pavement. I can't really see where it leaked out, as the whole side of the engine is covered with oil but it seems abnormal for that amount of oil to leak out so quickly.

I was thinking maybe it was leaking through pcv valve or something...any thoughts? I'm hoping to go ride with my buddies tomorrow but if this is something serious, seems like I'd have to postpone it :\

Also when I say dropped, I basically put her down very gently as I was leaned over at a stop a bit too much and couldn't hold her up.

Thanks!

This sounds very much like the thread that was posted here earlier today. On the backside of the engine, there a couple of oil lines that go into the cylinder head and are attached with two bolts each. The line seals with a rubber "o-ring". These bolts are subject to loosen from normal engine vibrations. Gas tank has to be removed to get to them. It's a good place to start...

Comment

Working...
    X