X

dyna 2000 ignition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dyna 2000 ignition

recently purchased a used set-up all looks in working order, as i do not know what bike it came off i have no idea what the timing is set at, there is supposed to be a timing plate or somthing w/degrees on with it that you use to set the timing you want, unfortunatly this was not included,.....i have set the engine at tdc, cam slots facing away from each other, as the crank rotor can only be attached one way,i can remove the crank rotor and plate install dyna plate and rotor,the timing should be correct ...yes??? now here is the problem dyna plate is adjustable to set advanced and retard.....with out the base line of the gauge i dont know exactly where i sit, as the pick up location(S) is varied on the dyna plate im kinda at a loss.....suggestions, ideas,input?

PM Arsenic if he doesn't reply here.

Comment

I actually sold him the Dyna 2000 ignition set up. It included the ignition module, crank trigger and the ignition rotor. However, I have no idea what he is asking. A new one does not come with a timing plate. It was off a GSXR 1127 BTW. But these engines were in midget sprint cars, so I have no idea what the original owner set the timing at.

Comment

Years ago, a shop owner told me about his '88 GSXR1100, a street going bike that had pods and he said he ran great. He accomplished this with the help of Dyna 2000 and careful tuning on his dyno. He said that the Dyna help minimize much of the "hicccups" from the pods.
        From that, I'd assume that ideally, you would need a dyno to dial in the dyna.

Comment

An '88 isn't a GSXR 1127, it's a 1052.

Comment

Okay, a new Dyna 2000 DOES come with a timing plate. I did not know that. I have one, and I'm sending it to him. So hopefully that will get this squared away.

Comment

Arsenic you da man ....responded quickly to my pm and the plate went out in the mail today

Comment

i have a dyna 2000 ignetion "whatever" installed on the 2005 katana i just picked up , I haven't missed up with it , but i have a couple of questions if possible , does it cause the bike to use more gas ? my bike speedometer is off a little can it be because of the dyna 2000 ?
                i read online that u need to do stuff to the ingine and re-close some parts on it and i saw that on my katan , is it true ?
                Thanks a lot in advanced
                03 Honda Shadow spirit 750 "stock"
                05 Suzuki Katana 600 " Dyna 2000 & after market exhaust"

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaBiker View Post
                  i read online that u need to do stuff to the ingine and re-close some parts on it and i saw that on my katan , is it true ?
                  What?

Engrish?
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    What?

Engrish?
                    Sorry, I was half a sleep but still can't put it in any better way that queting what i read.
                    "You may need a new ignition cover gasket for your engine during this installation. This is the gasket for the left side engine cover."
                    03 Honda Shadow spirit 750 "stock"
                    05 Suzuki Katana 600 " Dyna 2000 & after market exhaust"

Comment

Working...
                    X